Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to School 2011



8/28 (Sun):The Shadow

     The Shadow is one of the most advanced military weapon.  It is really an anti-aircraft machine gun.  At the control panel, an technical operator who wears a protective suit controls it.  The operator can maneuver -45 degrees to +45 degrees horizontally.  Vertically, he can only move the machine gun +20 degrees because this is used to prevent aerial aces (or bombing) from enemy aircraft.  Furthermore, "The Shadow" can fire up to 6 exploding bullets per second from its revolving barrel.  If the planes are close together, it can annihilate tenfold planes.  Last but not least, The Shadow is easily transportable.    It has a handle that you can put a hook on and tow it to the next battlefield.  To m1ake it easier, it has wheels!  I can tell that The Shadow will be the most advanced weapon of all ages    

8/26 (Fri): Hubby  

     I loved creating my own toy, Hubby.  Hubby is a pencil topper eraser that you can get very cheaply in a package of Walmart.  It comes in a variety of bright colors.  I got the idea of creating an eraser toy figure from a book about aliens.  A character from the story uses these erasers to make army figures.  Then, his friend copies his idea and creates alien figures.  I also thought it was an excellent idea so when my friend Derek showed me his figures, Billy, Bob, and Joe, I decided to make my own.  Starting out with a yellow eraser, I drew his face, his hat, an ammo belt, an M-60 rifle, and his arms.  I named him Hubby because he reminded me of a  handsome character from a funny book.  Since I had so much fun creating and playing with Hubby, I plan to make a collection of different colored Hubbies. 


 

8/22 (Mon): Pizza Lunchables

Of all the delicious lunches in the whole wide world, my most favorite is the Cheese Pizza from Lunchables.  After telling my mom about the Lunchables for so long, she finally purchased the Lunchable Pizza for me to bring to school on Monday.   The Lunchables box consisted of a round Pizza crust, pizza sauce, Kraft cheese and mozzarella, 'Nilla wafflers, canned tangerine, spring water, and KoolAid Tropical Punch powder mix.   After carefully opening the box, I quickly squeezed the thick red sauce filled with herbs onto the dish-like crust.  Then I sprinkled all my cheese rations on top of the crust.  Since I was really hungry, I devoured everything in the box except the punch powder.  My most favorite item from the package was the dessert:  'Nilla wafflers.  It looked like mini flat cookies and tasted like sugar!  Yum!  When I came home from school, my mom used the punch powder to make me a delicious drink with ice.  Lunchables Cheese Pizza, which costs $3.50, is an exciting alternative to the daily peanut butter and sandwich because it comes with a variety of tasty food that kids love!

8/20 (Sat): Hiking at Montavo Villa


Hiking at the Montalvo Villa Trails was so adventurous and exciting that I could do it all day long!


 

8/19 (Fri): Ice Cream Social

      The Ice Cream Social at Almond Elementary School must be the most highly anticipated event of the whole school year.  The PTA sponsors it so that the parents and the kids get a chance to socialize.  It always occurs on the Friday of the first week of school.   A variety of delicious ice cream plus yummy toppings is served outside on the playground from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM.  I am hoping that the ice cream comes from Baskin Robbins and includes a new flavor called "Picnic Punch", which is a combination of green apple and cotton candy flavors.  My mom only allows me to get one scoop of ice cream plus a few toppings.  I'm considering topping my mouthwatering ice cream with chocolate syrup, whip cream, and chocolate sprinkles.  While enjoying my ice cream, I might play with my friends at the playground.  We might also talk about Pokemon Black and White video game.     I am truly anxious to go to the Ice Cream Social to devour the desert of my dreams and meeting my friends! 

 

8/18 (Thur): A Game of Roshambo Tag  

   Today I had so much fun during PE, my 3rd favorite subject!  I learned how to play Roshambo tag. It is a game in which a team that wins the game of rock, paper, scissors is selected as the chaser. The team that is being chased has to run away to its base.  Anyone who gets tagged has to join the other team.  The objective of the game for the chaser is to capture all members of the other team.   This game is so fun because it provides a new twist to the original game of tag!  It involves an element of luck.  Our tag game was even better when we had to jump over a short cement wall while chasing each other.  For kids who love chasing games, I strongly recommend this version of tag!

 

8/17 (Wed): First Day of 4th Grade 

  The first day of 4th grade made me very nervous and excited at the same time.  I was afraid that there would not be any of my old friends in my class.  I would not have anyone to play with or to talk to.  But it turned out that I knew most of the kids from previous years.  For example, my friends, Kash and Daniel, were in my class.  And I also knew at least five of the girls: Madeline, Madison, Sachi, Julia, and Isabella.  In addition to being nervous about my classmates, I was also worried about meeting the new teacher, Mrs. Dowling.  She might not be a nice teacher.  She might have severe punishments for talking or not paying attention in class.  My fears turned out to be groundless.  Mrs. Dowling appeared to be an excellent teacher. Her library is full of treasures, especially, The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series of books, which I just started reading recently.  Furthermore, she might be giving out a reward tomorrow already!  Just when I was beginning to be so pessimistic about my first day in fourth grade, I met wonderful friends and a seemingly pleasant teacher.